Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reward offered: one missing blogger!!


Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen,
But give us the determination to make the right things happen.
Peter Marshall.

Where have I been? I needed a break so I had one. Lol. Some time was needed to get a very big knitting project done and every bit of spare time was applied to getting to the finish line. Here is the glorious piece of work I have spent these many passed weeks......

This lovely cradle cover has been knitted in 4 ply and the pattern is from the book Traditional knitting for children and bears. The cradle cover also comes with a pillow cover and both pieces of work are trimmed with a lace edging.

 The finished measurement for the cradle cover was 74cm x 66cm. Not that big really is it? Good size for a cradle but the lady was suggesting she would like a blanket size, so........ding ding......I made it again in a larger size, using 8 ply instead of 4 ply. Here it is again almost finished and measuring in at 89in x 89in.....and with pillow cover.


So my friends, that is what has kept me from blogging. Which ever set is not needed can be sold. Yesterday I did manage to make this cool looking cover for my ottoman. I will be taking this to my library for the kids to use. They can throw the cushions over it and have a fun time reading books.

                       Gotta love that face!
Had a bit of ‘me’ time this morning roaming around the garden. Unfortunately there is nothing much happening flower wise due to our very hot summer. 
 My favourite niece Lisa bought me this cute little welcome sign. She knows how much I welcome visitors.

Well gals, I have a few pair of knitted slippers I need to make before next weekend’s markets. I have had several orders asking for slippers, so slippers they will have. 

We have a lovely long weekend here for Labour Day. Labour Day in Australia celebrates workers’ role in contributing towards the nation’s economy.

Cheers, Anita.

12 comments:

JoJo said...

Great job on the cradle set!! Wow that's a lot of work! So you guys are sweltering and we're still freezing and having snow dumped on us almost nonstop. Love both the ottoman fabric AND the adorable doggie model!

Kim said...

Aaaha....I was wondering where you had got to. I thought the kids had tied you up in your library; now all is explained. Gorgeous cradle and pillow covers, some lovely knitting there. The ottoman packs a colourful punch. The kids will love it.

Dolores said...

Happy Labour Day. The baby blanket is gorgeous.

Julie said...

Wow Anita ... there sure is heaps of work in that cradle set ... it is just beautiful & looks to be a very old pattern perhaps?? The kids will love that bright cheery ottoman I am sure. Its great to have you back blogging - Oh must mention, little Milo sure has grown :-)

Maria said...

Ah !!! that's what has keep you away. both sets are gorgeous anita and I love that ottoman cover.. Milo is being a very good boy for you..
Yes the weather has been very hard on gardens and lawns...Hopefully it will get cooler soon.

Fiona said...

lovely blankets... did miss you but I think we all need to take short breaks every now and then....
Hugz

Karen S said...

I noticed you were missing but thought it was due to the busy start to the school year. I should have known better!
The blankets are delightful. Lots of work, though.
And that crazy pup of yours is growing fast!

Michelle said...

Great job on the knitting. What a cutie, bet he gets away with lots, just turn on the cute puppy face!

Jane said...

Oh wow Anita, two big projects, and they look fabulous

Gillian said...

Your knitted blankets are really beautiful.

Katherine said...

Wow what a massive project to undertake! Looks beautiful and I am sure which ever one is chosen it will be treasured.

Katherine said...

Wow what a massive project to undertake! Looks beautiful and I am sure which ever one is chosen it will be treasured.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...