Sunday, November 30, 2014

What's that smell?

However high a bird may soar,
it seeks its food on earth.
-Danish proverb.

It’s starting to smell like Christmas around here! I found a few yoyo’s that I’d made last year but put them aside, so I thought I’d make a few more.......
I stuck them to a piece of ply wood and made this cute Christmas wreath. I thought I’d add a few buttons on there as well.
                             


I seem to be on a roll with Chrissy projects, on my knitting needles is a mitten on the go....and what else?.......

               
  What are friends for?.......
helping to feed my addiction. Good on ya Heather! Lol Gorgeous beads and ribbon for me.
Sweet little Chrissy trees are made from scraps of material.  This idea is from Pinterest. 
Our local library is stocked with wonderful books for ideas, so these beauties came home with me this week. Plenty of really great ideas in the crochet book that I will be trying out. 
I really can’t show too much of what I’ve been making right now because they are presents but can show and tell....hmm.....after Santa comes. Lol Counting down my work days now, as it will be a 6 week break for me soon. Yippee!!
Have a super week.

Cheers, Anita.

8 comments:

JoJo said...

Great projects, although I had a wicked hard time reading the text. Things are getting Christmasy here too though. It's ice cold. All the towns are putting up their lights and decorations. Tomorrow I'm taking down the Thanksgiving stuff and putting up the Christmas stuff.

Leanne said...

Gorgeous decorations Anita, hand made ones are the best.

Kim said...

Your wreath, Anita is cute, cute, cute!! I love the look of those books; great library you have there!

Julie said...

It sure IS smelling alot like christmas Anita ... tomorrow is 1st December & where on earth did November go to I must ask ???!!! I adore your yo yo wreath ...I adore anything yo yo I think. You are sure on task with your christmas creations :-)

Karen S said...

Smart idea with the yo-yos. It looks great. Love the look of the mitten, too.
Looks like you are well and truly on the Christmas bandwagon. have fun and roll on holidays.

Mereknits said...

Love everything you have made. Very fun.
Hugs,
Meredith

Gillian said...

Love those things you've made.

Judy said...

What great projects and I love handmade Christmas decorations! The library is a great place to get new ideas. Enjoy your projects!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...