Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sweet Sunday

The path to happiness...
If you pick up every little stone on the way
you will never get home.
Anon.

Oh cool......I am finally blogging. A bit late in the morning but I’ve made it!! Lol. I’m having a great weekend so far....

Watched the nail biting footy game between the Dockers and Geelong.
Did some sewing and knitting
Sat near the warm fire drinking tea
Spent time with Heather (trying hard to keep her in line)
And.....relaxed.

Here’s what I’ve been knitting........

A baby jacket for a new born baby. Knitted in 4 ply and such a joy to make.

I also did some baking and this is all that is left......lol

This afternoon I will be making some friendship bracelets just for something new to try. 

I have oodles of beads so why not use them? Using up beads is completely different to using buttons.......right Heather? Lol

My latest project....

I loved watching the footy match on TV between the Dockers and Geelong, what a game! I’m wondering how Ashlee and Corey are today. Oops. Both supporters of each of those teams.

The gorgeous sunshine is calling to me and I’m itching to go and have a wonder out in the garden. After the kettle is boiled.....I’m so out there. Enjoy your lovely weekend and catch up soon.

Cheers, Anita.

10 comments:

JoJo said...

I have tried to make friendship bracelet but i keep knotting them the wrong way! Good luck with them.

Julie said...

Sounds like a lovely enjoyable weekend Anita. We have had really cold mornings here but sunny days. But yes, still sitting by the fire drinking tea here too. Your knitting never ceases to amaze me, you do some beautiful lacey work. Have a great week :-)

Jane said...

Think I might be too late for cake, but loving the knitting

Maria said...

Lovely cardi you knitted and the wool for the other is beautiful.
Have fun making your bracelets.
Yes had a great day here sew I spent a few hours on the ride on and spraying WEEDS....
Have a fun week.

Dolores said...

Your knitting is lovely. My eldest daughter made friendship bracelets years ago. I still have some remnants that either broke with wear or were left unfinished.
Care to share your muffin recipe? Apparently, it's quite yummy.

Fiona said...

pretty knitting... love the lace look you are getting.
Hugz

Wendy said...

ah OK, friendship bracelets! Yep, Perle will work for that!

the baby cardi is gorgeous

Karen said...

Gorgeous jacket and yummy muffins! Enjoy your cuppa and your knitting.

Anthea said...

Hi Anita - just popped in to see what you've been up to - my goodness, all your knitting is just gorgeous, so pretty & delicate, you're so clever - I hope you get some ribbons at the Show! And well done on keeping the young'uns of the town looking so fashionable, in your great headbands, they're very funky!

Michelle said...

Lovely knitting, I watched the footy too what a nail biting finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...