Thursday, April 17, 2014

I knew I could slide an extra post in!! lol

The greatest thing in this world is not so much
where we are, but in what direction we are moving.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

I’m just loving these holidays, they have given me the chance to slide an extra post in. During the week I had been working away at a crochet project...well....a couple of them actually and here they are.......

 The measurements for the pink cushion cover is 15in x 15 in.


Cushion covers using sweet little granny squares, using 8 ply leftover colours. Though the front has been made using a mixture of colours the back has been done using only the pink but also in small granny squares. What do you think?

The green cushion is 11in x 11 in.

I was surfing the net and came across a rather sweet blog called according to matt, click here for some inspiration. His use of colour and design really gave me some ideas. Be ready for a visit to his blog with a cup of tea and some cake because you will be there for a while.

I was up to some mischief last night as well...how very unusual of me. Lol Our gym instructor is due to have a baby in June and for a tease I have knitted up these little bootees for her baby. The colours have been especially chosen so the baby can support the West Coast Eagles football team....bit of a joke with the gym crew and our instructor.

I’m out of here now to continue my mirth and crafting ways. To all out there who celebrate Easter, may peace be with you and have a lovely Easter.

Cheers, Anita.

10 comments:

Terry said...

I love granny squares! Yours are so pretty! :0)

Maria said...

Love those Granny Squares made into cushions..what cute booties.... Enjoy your day crafting..

Jane said...

Those little boots are fabulous, and I love the crocheted cushion covers

Valspierssews said...

I love granny squares but just don't have the patience to make more than one to two. The booties are more my style. They are so cute and perfect for a future footy fan.
Valspierssews

Manda - Handmade with Love said...

Love love love the granny squares!!

Karen said...

These cushions are looking great and I think the bootees are great fun!!! Love all your projects.

Catherine said...

So pretty, I love granny squares! Thank you for your regular visits to my blog, I have replied to you comment on modern knitting patterns over there as I'm sure many people think like you about SSK versus Sl1 K1 PSSO ,!

Julie said...

Gorgeous cushions Anita - I think the greeny one is my fav though I do really like them both. I just adore granny squares :-)
Those little boots are really cute too ... can just see them on a wee one.

Cath said...

You and I speak regularly via email and for some reason I thought I was following your blog too. Just figured out that I wasn't (although I am now!) Love the Granny Squares!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Katherine said...

Love your granny square cushions! They are all the rage at the moment too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...