Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wishing you yesterday’s promises,
today’s dreams and
tomorrow’s blessings.
-Lynne Kooij.
Buon giorno! It is official.....I'm hooked on knitting those cute little birds and basically I can’t seem to stop. Lol. It’s funny when you find something that you really love to do, then everything else goes in a heap. Another terrific week has zipped by and I have accomplished many things, not only in craft work but also life in general. Check out my week with me.....
My cute little knitted birds that are slowly building up at my house...
I love these, so cute.
A girl’s wall hanging that I’ve made a start on. I will keep you updated as I go with this project. So far I have pinned the pieces onto the calico, stitched the ric rac on with embroidery thread......

 This is the backing for the mini wall hanging. I love the colours on this fabric. I will be selling this piece of work at the tourist centre.
 Totally love the colours and pattern
Thinking about what to do with this little piece of knitting that was given to me in a give away box from a friend. I'm still having a think about what to do...it will come to me.
 My fine feathered friend Heather has been busy with her craft work too and when she showed me her finished work I had to share it with you all. Such a steady hand and a neatness about her work.....doesn’t defy the villain she is!! Lol Oops....my halo slipped just then. The colours, the cute teddy, I love it all. The pic was taken on my mobile so it doesn’t show up as well as I’d hoped, but it is a glorious piece of work done by a talented young lady.
Gorgeous work Heather
For years I have driven past and thought fondly of all the fun we had as kids at the sale yards. I have watched as it has stood there in its own company and as bits have fallen apart. My biggest shock was to be told that soon it will disappear, how broken is my heart! I thought I would take the photo’s I would need to heal my heart and etch the memory in my mind forever.

Looking from the roadside you would think that it is mostly still intact, however when you get up close most of the pens have now been removed. When I saw this my heart skipped a beat, but I have enough in these photo’s to still feel all warm and fuzzy. As a child this smelly, dusty, peaceful, free place was a safety haven for me and a great place for all the kids in the neighbourhood who could be what they wanted to be. We could pretend we were sheep, or farmers or monsters, depending on the childhood game we were playing. Hidey was pretty fun to play here.
Today I am going to whiz through the ironing and then hack away in the sewing shed. I'm keen to make more progress on my mini wall hanging....oh and in the afternoon do some knitting. I can see birds happening. The cheeriest on Sunday’s to you all and may the week ahead be all you can dream for.
Cheers, Anita.



8 comments:

Valspierssews said...

Happy Sunday to you. Those birds are just so cute and look like they don't take long to multiply. Your mini is looking good. I hope you get some more done. I am playing with some needle turn appliqué on the machine. It is turning out nicely.
Valspierssews

Maria said...

You will have to get a big aviary soon for all your birds..LOL
Nice Mini and your friend has make a nice mini..
enjoy your sewing but barleys on the ironing, just too hot here....

Jane said...

Oh, love the wall hanging, just makes me smile looking at it

Fiona said...

Lovely projects as always .. You find such fun things to make ..
Hugz

Anthea said...

Hi Anita - is it possible I could be remembering these yards from times when I would visit Northam with relatives in the very late 1970s and early 1980s?
Lovely mini you are working on ...

Karen said...

I can see dozens of those birds flying around your home very soon. What a colourful flock they will be.
Great work on the wall hanging.
It is always sad to see a landmark go, especially one with fond memories. It is a reminder of more prosperous times.

Julie said...

Hello Anita - some lovely projects going on there - I adore the little dancing fairy wallhanging - do post a photo when it is completed.
I felt for you with the demolition of the woolsheds - as a young child I too played in similar surroundings with all the kids in our street. You just grow up thinking they will always be there as they are such a special part of your childhood memories. Its great you got the photos. Happy week to you x0x

Angieabk said...

Love your blog!
Please visit me too at EVEN THOUGH

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...